Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Fight

The narrator arrives at a new school. He doesn’t know anyone. The other kids try and test him. One kid tries to pick on him, but the narrator holds his ground and doesn't back down. Most of the time this really happens to a lot of kids.  It even happened to me. So I know exactly how the narrator felt and reacted how he did. The situation was that since the narrator was the new kid, the other kids wanted to bully him. He just wasn't taking it. One of the bullies picked a fight with him, and he fought back. He responded by defending himself. He fought the kid back and wasn't scared. I agree that the narrator did the correct thing. I’ve been in the same situation before in junior high and I responded the same way. Some girls came up to me trying to bully me around and I wasn't with it. It’s not good to fight but in order to get respect sometimes you have to do so. After the narrator fought the bully. Then the other kids already knew not to mess with him. The narrator wasn't scared. That’s what they do with a new kid at a school, they try to test you. If I show them I’m scared, they will bully me around. Once I stand up for myself, they will know not to mess with me. Not just only me, but most of my friends also had been in a situation like this. This happens all the time. Some kids take the bullying, while others don't. Everyone says it’s not okay to fight. But sometimes you just have no other choice. After I reacted the way I did, by fighting back. The other girls wouldn’t dare try to bully me. Because I wouldn't take it.  Now I can bet all the other kids talk to him and wont try to bully him. This is a lesson to learn. Show no fear. After that he went the next day to school – he even challenged his enemy to another fight but the boy wouldn’t respond. Fighting was no longer necessary he knew he was accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment